benefits of eco candles®:
- cleaner burning - no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means it's less likely to trigger allergies. no petrol-carbon soot like you get from petroleum-based paraffin candles.
- longer lasting - soy wax burns cooler which means that you can enjoy your soy wax candle for generally 30-50% longer than a paraffin candle.
- supports our american farmers (instead of foreign oil conglomerates).
- biodegradable and water soluable. since our candles are made out of soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills easier to clean.
- stimulates the economy by utilizing a natural, renewable resource.
- our soy wax is certified kosher, contains no herbicides or pesticides and is genetically unaltered.
- we only use high quality scents and dyes.
- no lead or zinc cored wicks - ever! all our wicks are made of either cotton, paper or hemp.
eco candles® vs. paraffin
paraffin wax is used in more than 95% of candle making done today, mainly because it is very inexpensive. paraffin is the leftover by-product from the petroleum refining process. studies have shown that this petroleum by-product can release the same harmful carcinogens into the atmosphere as your car produces when gasoline is burned. when a paraffin candle in burned, it produces toxic petrol-carbon soot, which can blacken walls, furniture and ceilings and contaminate venhilation ductwork in your home. this soot goes into the air you breathe and can be hazardous to your health. in 1986, proposition 65 was passed with the intent to protect california citizens and the state's drinking water sources from chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm, and to inform citizens about exposures to such chemicals. paraffin candles contain up to 11 of these known carcinogenic compounds. these 11 compounds have been deemed 'toxic air contaminants' by the state of california. (for a full list of carcinogenic chemicals and more information about california proposition 65, click here). this is not only a health problem, but it is also a moral problem. we need to demand safer alternatives.
the eco candle company™ uses soybean wax (which doesn't contain carcinogenic compounds) and we only use fragrances and dyes that comply with the demands of california proposition 65. our candles contain no petroleum and we use natural cotton, paper and hemp cored wicks. we never conduct animal testing and we choose to only use vendors that can guarantee the same degree of ethical standards. our food-grade soy wax is certified kosher, contains no herbicides or pesticides and is 100% biodegradable and produces no petrol-carbon soot. as if that weren't enough, eco candles burn up to twice as long as paraffin candles. the choice is clear...eco candles® are the way to go for a healthier environment.
...enjoy with clean lungs and a clear conscience!™
• 123 e. college ave appleton, wi 54911 • (920)830.0123 • info (at) ecocandleco (dot) com •
© copyright 2002-2012 eco, llc. all rights reserved.
photography by Gani Pinero Photography